Tales of Shore Blossom
Below are rules and guidelines that are unique to Tales of Shore Blossom, as it embraces a West Marches Style of play:
- There is no regular meeting time. All scheduling for play is arranged among the Players themselves. The only hard and fast rules is that the GM must be available that Day, and should be informed in well advance to plan proper Encounters.
- There is no regular party. Party's will be made up of a large pool of player characters who are the resident adventurers living in Port Shore Blossom. The party membership will most likely shift and change per game session.
- New characters start at level 1. Characters keep whatever gold, treasure and level advancement they earn from session to session, and characters may group with other characters of any level.
- Every character starts each session in Port Shore Blossom. If characters have not returned home by the end of the session, the strange magic of the walls of Port Shore Blossom transports them back to safety.
- The world persists beyond each session. If players have made a change in one session, other players will see that change if they follow the same path in a later session.
- The walls of Port Shore Blossom are magically fortified and thus, safe. Adventure is found beyond the walls, in the wilds of the Shore Blossom Bay Coast, and the vast Jade Forest. Characters can rest in Port Shore Blossom between sessions and come to no harm. Adventure is found in the wilds beyond.
- All players who write up a summary of their adventure in the Adventure Log will receive an Inspiration Token. An Inspiration Token can be spend to gift any Player Character in the game with Inspiration at the beginning of a session. Players can save up as many Inspiration Tokens as they earn.
- A player who takes treasure inventory and takes the time between sessions to sell and barter the loot with the town merchants, and then fairly divides and distributes the shares to their companions for that adventure (or adhering to distribution unanimously agreed to charter) earns an Inspiration Token.
- Players must announce planning for a game on the Facebook group, in order to give all players an opportunity to join the party. This a Social game, where no one should be left out or denied a chance to play. However, please keep party sizes below eight players.
- Level Advancement is not based on XP but session attendance. At levels 1-3, Player-Characters will advance a full level at the end of every game session. From levels 4-20, advancement of level will happen at the end of every 2 sessions. Due to the nature of the West Marches Style, some players of lower level may be adventuring with a higher level party. Should these low-level characters survive dangerous Encounters, they may advance additional levels in a single game session at Game master discretion.